How To Use These Materials in Three Steps
- Print and read the Lesson pamphlet. Ask yourself:
Are there any words here that my child might need me to explain?
- Read the Bible passage. Ask yourself: Is my child able to read this Bible passage out loud, or should I read it to him/her?
- Read the memory verses on the back of the pamphlet. Ask yourself: Which verse should be the first memory verse my child and I work on together?
- Begin by pointing out the cover picture to your child.
- Read the Bible passage together.
- After reading the story, ask your child a few simple questions about the Bible passage, to see if he/she understood the Bible passage.
- Read the questions to your child, giving your child a chance to answer as he/she is able.
- Read the answers aloud to your child.
- Read the prayer, perhaps phrase-by-phrase with your child repeating after you.
- If possible, repeat #2 (above) one or two more times during the week.
- Practice the memory verses with your child, perhaps even once per day.
- Post the pamphlet in a prominent place in your home, so that your child can see the cover art during the week.